Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Cherie CD 80's collection

  1. #1
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    I got my copy of this CD last week and listened to it a few times now. There are some fantastic songs on here. Cherie sounds great. I like every song. This version of Tough Break is better then the previously released one.

    Anyone else got this CD? If so what do you think?
    Thanks rocket city records for making this available.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JordonJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Doesn't Cherie sound just like Ann Wilson on "Tough Break"? I dig that song too...my favorite one is "Steel".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DeeJay, I'd been waiting to order Cherie Currie stuff until they got a secure server, but now I can't wait any more. Is "Where the BOys Are" a cover of the Connie Francis classic?

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Teddy, you are welcome to call in or FAX your order if you're worried about security. Here's the number:
    323-876-7487

    Happy Holidays!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member RJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2000
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks DeeJay. Sounds like I gotta place an order.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Smidge95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2001
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I finally got my copy of Cherie's "80s Collection" forums My favorite tracks are "Steel", "State of Emergency", "Tough Break", and "Cryin'".
    Many thanks to Rocket City Records for making these Cherie CDs available to her fans! Time to order another one with pay day coming up forums

    ------------------
    ***Be Kind To Animals***

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DeeJay,
    I also have this cd, its awesome. I love the early stuff, its great thats its available. Ii recommend everyone to buy a copy, my cd played has been doing a cherie overload lately, im sure my neighbours love it :0)

  8. #8
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    Hey Dean I am your neighbour. Well western suburbs anyway. Are you the Dean that used to live in Perth?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member DeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    deejay, No im born and bred In Melbourne, never been to perth. and yep kinda neighbours, Im south eastern suburbs, maybe will catch you at a gig one day, I look out for a runaways tshirt :0)


  10. #10
    Inactive Member SweetieGord's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2000
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cherie, of corset....

    yo, i got that Taste of Cherie CD as well which is very enjoyable. my faves from this are:

    For Your Eyes Only
    Jane Doe
    We're All in this Together

    fave songs from 80s Collection are:

    Where's the Music
    What's it All For
    Who Needs a Lover Like That
    It's You
    Don't Wanna Dance
    Tough Break

    a much better version of 'Tough Break' than on the Messin' with the Boys re-issue, that is fer damn sher. i want to sing a duet with cherie...that is my rocknroll dream....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic